25.7.09

Beirut tahini swirls


This babe-buddie are very fond of these swirls, as a swede used to eat cinnamon buns this tastes a little different. The filling reminds me of Halwa, no surprice since it´s made of sesame seeds and sugar and I can think of adding some spices to it just like halwa comes in different flavours, and it was a fun and little different way to shape them, reminding me of Balkan style pitas filled with cheese, potatoes or other goodies. A batch of 6 is enought since they need a little work and I don´t have the skill of a Beirut babe...
Beirut is actually one city that I hope that I one day will be able to visit!

Beirut Tahini Swirls 6

1/8 pkt of fresh yeast
1 C lukewarm water
2,5 C flour ( ICA I love ECO strong wheat)
2 tsp sugar
1 Tsp olive oil

Filling:
1 cup tahina
1 cup sugar

With this amount of liquid I use the foodprocessor and mix it into a dought in seconds that I let rise until double size, did not take as long as 2-3 hours, but it was a warm summer day....
The filling was mixed together with a spoon and was not as hard as others I´ve seen on the net but it was probably easier to spread it on the dough this way. When I was ready there were filling left.
Cut the dough in 6 pieces and work 3 at the time.
Roll them out to a rectangle. I did not get the size the recipe says but made them as thin as I could, spread out 2,5 Tbsp of the filling and rolled it up like I was making really tiny cinnamonbuns and then rolled it into a big swirl that I left until I finished two more. Then I flattened them again not getting the size in the recipe. I baked them on my stone in 200 degrees Celcius and flipped them after 15 minutes to do 5 more on the other side. I baked directly on the stone but since they leek a little I recommend using a paper to cover the stone.
Did the last three the same way.
For a more detailed way to do them turn to Natashya who was hosting

2 comments:

Natashya said...

Well done! They look gorgeous, your badge will be on it's way to you soon! Thanks so much for baking with us this month.

Natashya said...

Hi Karin, please email me at livinginthekitchenwithpuppies@hotmail.com so that I might have your email address to send you a badge.
Thanks,
Natashya