3.10.09

Chinese flower stem buns


Bread baking babes have gone steaming and I went along. The original recipe can be found here and I followed it rather well exept I mixed it all using my food processor including all that working the dough using the rolling pin. I also replaced the 25 grams of chili with 1 tsp of sambal oelek. After steaming the first 6 buns I decided to do the last 6 in the oven

This is not my cup of tea, not even with sweet chili sause to dip it in...

But at least I tried...

4 comments:

Baking Soda said...

At least you tried! Sorry to hear this wasn't for you but thanks anyway for trying and baking with us!

Baking Soda said...

can't find your email address to send you yr buddy badge... could you contact me at bakemyday AT Gmail Dot com?

Lien said...

Too bad you didn't like them, but your buns look good! I think they have an acquired taste anyway. Thanks for giving it a go anyway!

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Yup - at least you tried. They do look good. I love the idea of the sambal.