24.1.10

Bread baking babes bakes naan



I grew up calling this "frying pan bread" little did I know about indian cooking...Í don´t know that much today either and honestly I´m not so fond of indian cuisine even though I try it sometimes in case I changed my mind...
This time I did a cross between the two recipes and found that I was actually a little fond of the curry flavour.
This is what I used:

2 cups flour
0,5 tsp salt
about 15 grams of fresh yeast
1 tbs curry
1 tbs olive oil
2/3 cups water + 2 tbs extra to get a dough

Since this is a small batch I did it in my foodprocessor and just mixed it together. I then let it rest for 30 minutes in the bowl. Kneaded it a bit, diveded it into 3 pieces that I let rice for 60 minuter. Rolled out to thin flat pieces about 25 cm and let it rest for 5 minutes and fried them on both sides using a little olive oil in the fryingpan. It worked best on mark 6/12 but thats on my stove...Then I let them cool slightly before tearing them into pieces and digging in.

Will I do these again? Of course I will!

4 comments:

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Great job! Thanks for baking along with us.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Looks like the real deal.
So happy you baked with us.

Baking Soda said...

Naan tide you over to curry! Wonderful! Thanks for baking with us.

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Delicious naan, so glad you liked them. "Frying pan bread", yep, that sounds right to me! Definitely a fun way to bake.
Thanks for baking along with us this month!